[GRASS-dev] Make Changes to Modules in Grass GIS

Vidura Dantanarayana vidurada at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 06:50:37 PDT 2018

Hi all,
I have installed ubuntu, downloaded the source code from
https://grass.osgeo.org/grass74/source/grass-7.4.1.tar.gz and installed
grass-dev package. Since I do not have experience with c can you again
briefly explain how to do changes and compile the code. Is the workflow
following is correct to do what I intended.

1) copy r.ros folder from grass-7.4.1/raster and rename it as r.new.ros
2) make relevant changes to main.c file in r.new.ros
3) compile the code with 'make' command.

* can you explain what the grass-dev package does.
Thank you. Have a nice day.

BR,
Vidura Dantanarayana