[GRASS-dev] GSoC 2018 final report week 13 - GRASS GIS module for Sentinel-2 cloud and shadow detection

Roberta Fagandini robifagandini at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 10:52:22 PDT 2018

Hi Helmut,

> Hi Roberta,
>
> >The title of the project is "GRASS GIS module for Sentinel-2 cloud >and
> shadow detection". It adds new tools for the processing of >Sentinel 2
> images to GRASS GIS software (Organization: OSGeo).
>
> Thanks for the nice addon!

Thank you, I hope it will be useful for the GRASS community!

> Does your addon also  work with already atmospheric corrected sentinel data
> by other software, or is the step with i.sentinel.preproc  needed?

Sure, it works with bands corrected with other software. For instance
before developing i.sentinel.preproc I used arcsi to correct bands (I also
tested i.sentinel.mask with bands corrected using Qgis).
It also works with Sentinel images of the L2A level. If I remember
correctly Stefan told me to have tested i.sentinel.mask with L2A images
obtaining good results.

> Is there maybe a workflow with such data documented in the wiki?

you can find more information and a general workflow about the module and
the developed algorithm in the manual page [0]. Hope this helps!!

[https://grass.osgeo.org/grass74/manuals/addons/i.sentinel.mask.html]

kind regards

Roberta