[GRASS-dev] r.series method=minimum yields float map when integer maps are used as input

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 09:17:51 PDT 2018

Hi devs,

If I use a series of integer type maps as input to t.rast.series or
r.series and select minimum as method, the output is a floating point map.
I would have thought that if the input are integers then output should be
integer as well. I realized when I made a plot of the map and got a smooth
legend instead of integer numbers.

Here an example:

{{{
for i in `seq 1 6` ; do r.mapcalc expression="map${i} = ${i}" ; done
r.info map1 <<-- CELL
r.series input=`g.list rast pat=map* sep=,` method=minimum output=test_min
r.info test_min <<-- DCELL
}}}

Is this an expected behaviour?

best,