[GRASS-dev] [release planning] 7.6.0

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Aug 26 23:53:00 PDT 2018

On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 8:05 AM Stefan Blumentrath
<Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no> wrote:
> From the final report it seems that there are still some open issues, esp. with pygrass and the temporal library (because of ctypes):
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2018/FullSupportPython3#Week13-FinalReport

--> "There are patches in the respective directories in the
grass_trunk. The patches have been created against the svn revision
73073 of GRASS GIS."

... in essence: the longer we wait, the more difficult will be to use
these patches.
And: by experience we know that bugs only get fixed when they are evident ;-)

# I have now forked the FullSupportPython3 github project, then therein:
cd FullSupportPython3/grass_trunk/
# generate combi-patch
cat */* > python3_patch.diff
# change to local trunk copy
cd ~/software/grass7_trunk/
# apply patch
patch -p0 < ~/software/grass75_FullSupportPython3/grass_trunk/python3_patch.diff

Issues:
find . -name '*py.rej'
./lib/python/ctypes/ctypesgencore/printer/printer.py.rej
./lib/python/ctypes/ctypesgencore/parser/datacollectingparser.py.rej
./lib/python/ctypes/ctypesgencore/parser/lextab.py.rej
./lib/python/ctypes/ctypesgencore/parser/yacc.py.rej
./lib/python/ctypes/ctypesgencore/parser/preprocessor.py.rej
./lib/python/ctypes/ctypesgencore/parser/pplexer.py.rej
./lib/python/ctypes/ctypesgencore/parser/lex.py.rej

Perhaps FullSupportPython3 git needs to be rebased to current trunk?

Best
Markus