[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #3348: wxGTK3: Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion 'size >= 0' failed in GtkSpinButton

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Tue Aug 28 00:13:59 PDT 2018

#3348: wxGTK3: Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion 'size >= 0'
failed in GtkSpinButton
--------------------------+-------------------------
  Reporter:  neteler      |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
      Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Component:  wxGUI        |    Version:  svn-trunk
Resolution:               |   Keywords:  wxGUI
       CPU:  Unspecified  |   Platform:  Unspecified
--------------------------+-------------------------

Comment (by mlennert):

 Replying to [comment:9 ychemin]:
 > Similar yet different problem here: I tried Moritz sbRender trick, and
 it did not have any effect.

 One difficulty here is that whether you see any of these error messages
 can also depend on your locale. The Render checkbox in the Map Display
 does not cause any messages when I set the language in the GUI preferences
 to 'en', but I get tons of messages when I use my system locale, French.
 In French, the text of the render checkbox goes beyond the edge of the Map
 Display.

 This means sizes have to be defined flexibly in order to accommodate
 translations. No idea how hard that is.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3348#comment:10>
GRASS GIS <https://grass.osgeo.org>