[GRASS-dev] New dev team on github for initial tests

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 18:05:44 PST 2018

Hi,

so 15. 12. 2018 v 17:29 odesílatel Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> napsal:
> ... a friendly ping...
>
> What are the remaining open problems with
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/tools/svn2git

based on migrate.sh [0] I have created testing a git repo running
local gitlab instance at [1]. You can clone this repo using

$ git clone http://geo102.fsv.cvut.cz:8090/grass/grass.git

check branches

$ git branch -r

and tags.

$ git tag

Next important part refers to log messages and content filtering. In
repo mentioned above no filtering has been done since we haven't
decided which issue tracker will be used.

1) do we want to stick with trac.osgeo.org, then we need to set up a
testing trac instance with git integrated and do some real tests (then
ask osgeo sac?)
1a) than issue links like #xxx will work in trac instance but not in
git provider web interface (github, gitlab)
1b) or logs could be filtered to rewrite #xxx to URL, but in this case
we would need to set up git hook to modify new log messages in similar
way

2) do we want to use issue tracker of git provider and switch our trac
instance to read-only mode similarly as gdal devs did?
2a) in this case we need to do log messages filtering for sure

Ma

[0] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/tools/svn2git/migrate.sh
[1] http://geo102.fsv.cvut.cz:8090/grass/grass

--