[GRASS-dev] OSGeo Login required to get code

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Feb 25 22:33:27 PST 2018

Hi Vaclav,

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 5:16 AM, Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it seems that there is some issue with authentication for Subversion. When I
> try to download source code using `svn checkout` I get "Authentication
> realm: <https://svn.osgeo.org:443> OSGeo Login". This was observed on two
> computers with Ubuntu and I can reproduce that in Docker:
>
> ```
> docker run -it --rm ubuntu
> ```
>
> Using commands:
>
> ```
> apt update
> apt install subversion
> svn checkout https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/trunk
> ```
>
> Getting this output (accepting certificate at the beginning and pressing
> enter at the end):
>
> ```
> A    trunk/lib/raster3d/region.c
> A    trunk/lib/raster3d/rle.c
> A    trunk/lib/raster3d/changetype.c
> A    trunk/lib/raster3d/getblock.c
> A    trunk/lib/raster3d/test/test_coordinate_transform.c
> A    trunk/lib/raster3d/error.c
> A    trunk/lib/raster3d/range.c
> A    trunk/lib/raster3d/test/test_raster3d_lib.h
> Authentication realm: <https://svn.osgeo.org:443> OSGeo Login
> Password for 'root':

Why should it request that at all? You can anonymously checkout the
code, can't you?

I just updated all my OSGeo SVN repos I am following, no problem at all.

Another test, on Fedora 27:

[mneteler at oboe ~ ]$ mkdir bla
[mneteler at oboe ~ ]$ cd bla
[mneteler at oboe bla ]$ svn co https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-promo
A    grass-promo/grasslogo
A    grass-promo/screenshots
A    grass-promo/screenshots/wxpython
A    grass-promo/screenshots/wxpython/location_wizard
A    grass-promo/screenshots/wxpython/general
A    grass-promo/screenshots/wxpython/digitization
A    grass-promo/grassflyer
A    grass-promo/grassflyer/flyer1
A    grass-promo/grassflyer/flyer1/es
A    grass-promo/grasslogo/ascii_logo_bold.svg
A    grass-promo/screenshots/wxpython/digitization/digit-gism.png

It does not ask me to accept the certificate nor should it (IMHO)!
Maybe some local issue at your end with the certificate introducing
other troubles?
Or, it was a temporary problem?

Markus