[GRASS-dev] Compiling and Installing GRASS GIS on Windows

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Fri Jan 5 00:48:14 PST 2018

Neev Mistry wrote
> Dear GRASS GIS developers, I am Neev Mistry (Eric1234), a student
> participating in the 2017 Google Code-In. I have been having some trouble
> with compiling and installing GRASS GIS on Windows. I have followed the
> instructions on https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/CompileOnWindows up
> until
> the step where I have to run the package.sh compilation script. I ran all
> four commands and got no output from any (See Image 1.png). I cannot find
> an error.log file or mswindows/osgeo4w/package.log. When I go to the
> folder
> for OSGEO4W64 and click on Apps, GRASS GIS is not installed there. I have
> installed GRASS GIS 7.2.2 earlier using the installer, and I do also have
> the OSGeoLive Virtual Machine, but trying to compile the source code is
> not
> working for me. Thank you so much for your help.

could you try the command ls.

doing here on my windows box

user at DESKTOP-VADT8Q4 MINGW64 /usr/src/grass_trunk
$ ls
AUTHORS            Vagrantfile             general       ps
CHANGES            aclocal.m4              grass.pc.in   raster
CITING             binaryInstall.src       grasslib.dox  raster3d
COPYING            config.guess            gui           rpm
Dockerfile         config.sub              imagery       scripts
GPL.TXT            configure               include       temporal
INSTALL            configure.in            install-sh    testsuite
Makefile           contributors.csv        lib           tools
NEWS               contributors_extra.csv  locale        translators.csv
README             db                      macosx        vector
REQUIREMENTS.html  demolocation            man           visualization
SUBMITTING         display                 misc
TODO               doc                     mswindows

-----
best regards
Helmut
--