[GRASS-dev] v.rast.stats with multiple input
Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Mon Jan 8 08:38:25 PST 2018
I would like to extract statistics for vector geometries from a couple of maps derived from the same terrain model.
Unfortunately, v.rast.stats has two limitations for my use-case:
1) the rasterization has a significant overhead when called several times
2) only one percentile column can be produced (while I would like to get both 10 and 90% percentiles)
In order make v.rast.stats more efficient for use cases like mine, I would like to propose the following changes I could imagine:
1) add an optional input option for a raster map representing the category values of the vector map
2) make column_prefix and raster option multiple
3) add additional columns for additional percentiles
Since v.rast.stats is a Python script I could try to come up with a solution, if you generally agree that the proposed changes make sense and are not problematic...
What do you think?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the grass-dev