[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2998: m.nviz.image fails with X Error BadValue integer parameter out of range for operation

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Fri Jul 6 13:39:09 PDT 2018

#2998: m.nviz.image fails with X Error BadValue integer parameter out of range for
operation
  Reporter:  wenzeslaus  |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
      Type:  defect      |     Status:  closed
 Component:  LibOpenGL   |    Version:  svn-trunk
Resolution:  fixed       |   Keywords:  m.nviz.image, NVIZ, 3D, GLX,
                         |  X_GLXCreateContext, g.gui.animation
       CPU:  x86-64      |   Platform:  Linux

Comment (by hcho):

 Replying to [comment:20 annakrat]:
 > Replying to [comment:19 hcho]:
 > > Oh! I'm on Linux (Slackware 14.2). Is there a way to reproduce your
 issue? Any sample data set and command line? Maybe, it was related to my
 mistake in write_img.c, which is just fixed in r72951? Please try r72951.

 > I am afraid it perhaps might be specific to hardware? I am running
 simple command

 > m.nviz.image  --overwrite elevation_map=elevation output=/tmp/test
 for=tif

 > I will try a different linux computer.

 Yeah, that command works for me with the NC sample data set (attached).
 Maybe, it's GPU specific or its Xorg driver? My laptop has Integrated
 Intel HD Graphics 620 and Xorg uses the "intel" driver. Let me try the
 same command on my desktop (NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti).

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2998#comment:21>
GRASS GIS <https://grass.osgeo.org>