[GRASS-dev] GSoC 2018 report week 09 - GRASS GIS module for Sentinel-2 cloud and shadow detection

Roberta Fagandini robifagandini at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 05:49:42 PDT 2018

Hi all!
I'm Roberta Fagandini and I'm working on my GSoC project, a GRASS GIS
module for Sentinel-2 cloud and shadow detection.
This is my report for the ninth week of coding (second evaluation).

1) What did I complete this week?

   - Finished implementing the GUI [0]
   - Made some changes to the code depending on the GUI requirements (add
   controls and check on input, output, etc.) [0]
   - Tested the module and fixed bugs
   - Discussed with mentors about next steps and we decided to not
   implement the cloud and shadow detection procedure in the new module
   i.sentinel.preproc
   - Added to i.sentinel.preproc a flag option to automatically create the
   text file to be used as input in the module i.sentinel.mask [0]
   - Made small changes to i.sentinel.mask in order to make it compatible
   with the output of i.sentinel.preproc [1]

2) What am I going to achieve for next week?

   - Integrate the download and import of Sentinel 2 images into the new
   GRASS module (i.sentinel.preproc)
   - Start writing the manual page
   - Create a real complete GRASS GIS module that can be installed with
   g.extension from my GitHub repository

3) Is there any blocking issue?
No at the moment even though I'm a little late on the roadmap because also
the implementation of the GUI took slightly more time than expected (made
some changes to the code depending on the GUI requirements).

Here the links to my GitHub repository [2] and wiki page [3]

Kind regards,
Roberta

[0] *https://github.com/RobiFag/GRASS_clouds_and_shadows/commit/f60952c701e87d21a7010494dec10ec603446a1f
<https://github.com/RobiFag/GRASS_clouds_and_shadows/commit/f60952c701e87d21a7010494dec10ec603446a1f>*