[GRASS-dev] color table of raster layers created using v.to.rast

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 03:35:13 PDT 2018

Hi Devs,

Suppose I want to export a vector layer to raster layer. I use a column
in the attribute table to set the raster category values.

     v.to.rast input=example output=example use="attr"
attribute_column="category"

If the column "category" has integer values the raster data type is
CELL. It gets assigned a gradient color table, but one might prefer a
discreet color table. Would this something to include as an option?

Reason I came across this is
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3604#comment:3

Cheers,

Paulo