[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #3600: m.nviz.image doesn't produce any output

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 19:12:52 PDT 2018

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 5:48 PM, Michael Barton <Michael.Barton at asu.edu>
wrote:

> Here is a question to the memory of the dev group. Does anyone know if
> m.nviz.image has *ever* worked for Mac or Windows?
>
> If it has, any idea when it last worked? We could do a diff of the last
> working code and the current code to see what has changed.

Just for the record: m.nviz.image (most probably) never worked on Windows.
On Mac (and Linux) it worked, but since certain version of operating
system(s) and/or hardware it stopped working. It was reported to work even
now (before the fixes) on an old (not updated) Mac. (In other words, the
code was not broken on the way, but still needed/needs to be fixed.)

> If not, it may take considerable effort to make this work.
>
> Trying to figure out an efficient way forward

For the future readers of this:

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2114
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2998
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3600