[GRASS-dev] GSoC 2018 report week 10 - GRASS GIS module for Sentinel-2 cloud and shadow detection

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Tue Jul 24 11:33:28 PDT 2018

Roberta,

>Obviously, it would be easier for me to use the existing addon
(i.sentinel.download) but I struggled quite a >ot to avoid pandas and other
dependencies ;-). I do not know if it makes sense to add it now in order to
>integrate a module that already exists and that users can use separately.
What do you think?

the main focus of your GSoC 2018 project is: GRASS GIS module for Sentinel-2
cloud and shadow detection

regarding GSoC, it may be more important to debug/fix/improve/document your
cloud and shadow detection algs than re-invent the download wheel;
i.sentinel.download is working in winGRASS, linux and mac, so it may be not
that bad idea to base your module on this existing and working a.ddon.

implementing download functionality without dependencies may be a follow up

-----
best regards
Helmut
--