[GRASS-dev] a proposal to rename "location"

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sat Jun 2 09:20:33 PDT 2018

>>Here is a summary of some ideas from the recent discussion on >the list and
in our lab:
>https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/wxGUIDevelopment/New_Startup

"Scariness of and bad associations with terminal window/command line on
Windows (but consistency and most people seem to ignore it anyway)"

interesting note there. ;-)

as from my side, I don't want to miss the terminal/windows console in
winGRASS, as very helpfull things like gdal/ogr, R, python, grep etc can be
done like in linux.

it's a big and useful functionality addition; maybe a better communication
is needed.

-----
best regards
Helmut