[GRASS-dev] unable to install my grass module from the GitHub repository

Roberta Fagandini robifagandini at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 06:28:38 PDT 2018

Hi Markus!

> Hi Roberta,
>
> On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 2:38 PM, Roberta Fagandini <robifagandini at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all!
> > I'm trying to install my module i.sentinel.mask from the GitHub
> repository [0] using g.extension but I get the following error:
> >
> > g.extension extension=i.sentinel.mask operation=add url=
> https://github.com/RobiFag/GRASS_clouds_and_shadows
> >
> > Fetching <i.sentinel.mask> from <https://github.com/RobiFag/GR
> ASS_clouds_and_shadows/archive/master.zip> (be patient)...
> > Compiling...
> > Installing...
> > make: *** No rule to make target `install'. Stop.
> > WARNING: Installation failed, sorry. Please check above error messages.
> >
> > any suggestion?
>
> One error was
> Compiling...
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/tmp/grass7-roberta-701
> 4/tmpe7QEso/i.sentinel.mask/scripts/i.sentinel.mask', needed
> by `script'. Stop.
> /bin/sh: 1: cannot create /usr/lib/grass74/error.log:
> Permission denied
>
> i.e. this is a system-wide installation of GRASS 7.4
>
> Can you try again with GRASS 7.5 compiled from source, without installing?
> That should avoid the "Permission denied" error.
> The GRASS start script is in the source tree in bin.x86_64-pc-linux-gnu

I tried with GRASS 7.5 and I got the error message

Fetching <i.sentinel.mask> from <https://github.com/RobiFag/
GRASS_clouds_and_shadows/archive/master.zip> (be patient)...
Compiling...
Installing...
make: *** No rule to make target `install'. Stop.
WARNING: Installation failed, sorry. Please check above error messages.

While if I point it to the directory of the add-on (
https://github.com/RobiFag/GRASS_clouds_and_shadows/i.sentinel.mask) I get
another error:

Fetching <i.sentinel.mask> from <
https://github.com/RobiFag/GRASS_clouds_and_shadows/i.sentinel.mask/archive/master.zip>
(be patient)...
ERROR: Extension <i.sentinel.mask> not found

Roberta