[GRASS-dev] unable to install my grass module from the GitHub repository

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 06:31:38 PDT 2018

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 8:49 AM, Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be
> wrote:

> Am 5. Juni 2018 14:38:49 MESZ schrieb Roberta Fagandini <
> robifagandini at gmail.com>:
> >Hi all!
> >I'm trying to install my module i.sentinel.mask from the GitHub
> >repository
> >[0] using g.extension but I get the following error:
> >
> >g.extension extension=i.sentinel.mask operation=add url=
> >https://github.com/RobiFag/GRASS_clouds_and_shadows
>
> I think you have to point it to the directory of your add-on, i.e.
>
> https://github.com/RobiFag/GRASS_clouds_and_shadows/i.sentinel.mask
>
> But am in a train and can't test right now.

Unfortunately, g.extension GitHub/GitLab/... repository downloads currently
support only module (Makefile to be exact) at the top level. You need to
download the repo (e.g. a snapshot in the ZIP file) and point g.extension
to the right (sub)directory (with Makefile) or just add couple of functions
to g.extension to find that directory.

Vaclav