[GRASS-dev] Python 3 changes in trunk

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 13:03:41 PDT 2018

Hi devs,

I would like to start merging to trunk the changes to libraries and scripts
for Python 3 Sanjeet has been working on as part of his GSoC. I think
that's the best way to get it widely tested - that the changes are Python 2
compatible. I assume there will be some new problems, that's why I am
writing here, so people are not surprised. I hope there won't be that many
problems because Python 2 is more forgiving when mixing bytes and unicode
than Python 3. So far, the porting has been done for Python Scripting
Library and Python scripts.

Thanks,

Anna