[GRASS-dev] non-zero return code -11 from v.in.ogr in python script

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 06:17:14 PDT 2018

Hi Stefan,

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 9:05 AM, Stefan Blumentrath <
Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no> wrote:

> Hi Markus,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> Unfortunately, the problem only occurs on the box with installation based
on UbuntuGIS-unstable packages. All self-compiled installations don't have
this problem with v.in.ogr...

You could report to the package maintainer and just use a self-compiled
installation. If the self-compiled installations run fine, it does not seem
to be a problem of GRASS.

Markus M

> So, I hope the grass-core-dbgsym and grass-dev-dbgsym packages provide
this functionality as well…

> I`ll post again if/when I find out more…
>

> Cheers
>
> Stefan
>
> ________________________________

return code -11” error when I try to import data from PostGIS using
v.in.ogr in a ython script.

> > Looking at the post here:
> >
> > https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2016-March/079614.html
> >
> > it seems to be a version conflict but I double-checked and the GDAL
version on the system is exactly the one GRASS 7.4.0 on ubuntugis-unstable
is built against.

> > This error is for some reason not popping up every time I run the
script but somewhat unpredictable...

> > Does anyone of you have a suggestion on how to trac the cause for the
problem? Can it be linked to temporary files or NFS write instability…?

> You need to get the exact options that cause v.in.ogr to fail, then run
it in the CLI with gdb and get the backtrace

> gdb --args v.in.ogr in=... out=...
>

> GRASS needs to be compiled with debugging enabled, i.e. the CFLAGS must
contain -g. See also the GRASS wiki page on debugging [0]