[GRASS-dev] New dev team on github for initial tests

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat Jun 16 01:42:38 PDT 2018

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 6:44 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail.com> schrieb am Do., 14. Juni 2018, 01:16:
>>
>> On 13 June 2018 at 22:07, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > As I said: the OSGeo git services are IMHO under-staffed and would
>> > require  a dedicated budget. Could be a nice idea but the board needs
>> > to support that.
>> >

>> I don't think so, git on OSGeo server is working [0],
>
> ... to some extent...
> This is a new bug discovered in gitea, reported by Vicky from OSGeo:
>
> https://github.com/go-gitea/gitea/issues/4246

I still think that we should consider gitlab (there is self-hosted),
also due to existing gitea limitations:
https://github.com/go-gitea/gitea/issues/1029

IMHO we should not aim at replacing svn with simplest-possible-git but
also make use of the possibilities the related platforms offer
including commenting on commits, pull requests etc. Otherwise we can
just continue with svn.

BTW: A new non-profit style git platform just gets started:
https://about.teahub.io/

Cheers
Markus