[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #3348: wxGTK3: Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion 'size >= 0' failed in GtkSpinButton

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Tue Jun 26 21:00:31 PDT 2018

#3348: wxGTK3: Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion 'size >= 0'
failed in GtkSpinButton
--------------------------+-------------------------
  Reporter:  neteler      |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
      Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Component:  wxGUI        |    Version:  svn-trunk
Resolution:               |   Keywords:  wxGUI
       CPU:  Unspecified  |   Platform:  Unspecified
--------------------------+-------------------------

Comment (by mlennert):

 Replying to [comment:1 annakrat]:
 > Any idea which checkbox is causing that?

 Picking up on this and on the redhat bugzilla link in the OP: after some
 tests, it seems to me that it is the "Render" checkbox in the bottom right
 hand corner of the g.gui Map Display or of the d.mon window that causes
 this message. In the default size, both in English and even more so in
 French the label of the checkbox is too long and cannot be displayed
 entirely. If I enlargen the window to the point where the entire label is
 displayed I do not get any of these error messages.

 Would it be an idea to move this checkbox to more of a central position,
 to the left of the drop down menu (which BTW is also too narrow to
 accommodate the entire label text) ?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3348#comment:7>
GRASS GIS <https://grass.osgeo.org>