[GRASS-dev] GSOC 2018 project for GRASS GIS

Sanjeet edu.sanjeet at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 16:20:49 PST 2018

On Sat, Mar 3, 2018 at 10:50 PM, Anna Petrášová <kratochanna at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sanjeet,

Hi Anna,

> On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 9:08 PM, Sanjeet <edu.sanjeet at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I would leave that up to you, you can send it in email, post it on
> your github or whatever seems convenient for you.

I will share the list soon.

> Regarding the GUI, you can look at this ticket:
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3510
>
> Basically, the GUI is mostly ported to work with wxPython4 (phoenix),
> which is (unlike wxpython 3) Python 3 ready. So far we are running the
> GUI on Python 2.7 only. There are some loose ends and depreciation
> warnings, which would be nice to get rid of. Since we need to keep
> backwards compatibility with wxpython 3, we wrapped some GUI classes
> (gui/wxpython/gui_core/wrap.py), so you can start there. You need to
> test your changes under both wxpython 3 and 4. Let me know if you need
> more clarification. More info what is Attribute Table manager:
>
> https://grass.osgeo.org/grass75/manuals/wxGUI.dbmgr.html
> https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/WxGUI_Attribute_Table_Manager

Meanwhile, I've setup my development environment and compiled the
source code. I did not see the warning messages when I opened the
Attribution Table Manager as mentioned in the ticket #3510 even when I
installed wxpython 4 (on system Ubuntu 16.04 with Python 2.7.x).

Is it supposed to be displaying in the console? Because I did not get
any warnings.
I even tried to set the g.gisenv set="DEBUG=5" to print the debugging
messages along with WX_DEBUG. Am I missing some step?

Thanks
--
Sanjeet Bhatti