[GRASS-dev] GSOC 2018 - Improve GRASS integration in QGIS3

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 17:45:44 PDT 2018

Hi Radek,

On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 6:57 PM, Helmut Kudrnovsky <hellik at web.de> wrote:

> >Do you have some other ideas what I should do?
>
> Have a look into the students basic recommendations:

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_Recommendations_for_Students

Additionally to the above wiki and the mailing lists, you can review a
related idea called "New easy-to-use CLI and API for GRASS GIS" [1] which I
recently posted at the wiki.

Currently, the "integration" idea lacks test of skills. You can use the
test and training tasks from the "new CLI" idea, not only because it is
related, but also because you may likely use the --exec functionality and
the potential additions to it (listed as test tasks) in your integration.
You are saying that you already have an experience with programming for
QGIS (and I assume you can show it), so for starters you should show that
you can do programing for GRASS GIS as well.

Best,
Vaclav

[1]
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2018#Neweasy-to-useCLIandAPIforGRASSGIS