[GRASS-dev] i.ortho.transform output

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 03:53:36 PDT 2018

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 9:24 PM, Markus Metz <markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 2:40 PM, Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > Hi devs,
> >
> > A students is working with i.ortho.photo suite and he come to me with
> > the wish of an improvement of
> > g.gui.image2target.
> >
> > So I looked into i.ortho.transform code and I have few questions:
> > - what is returned values of fwd format option? because the first
> > value seems to be a coordinate but the second no...
>
> When you do coordinate transformation with format = fwd or rev, the
output format is "x y z" of the transformed coordinates. Why do you think
the second value is not a coordinate?

Correction: the format option is ignored if coordinates are provided.
Reverse transformation of these coordinates can be done with the -r flag.

The format option is only used to provide information about the GCPs.