[GRASS-dev] [SoC] Just in time: Seeking mentors for development of a Deep Learning model applied to Remote Sensing Data

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 11:48:52 PDT 2018

Evandro,

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 6:59 PM, Evandro Carrijo <evandro.taquary at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Margherita,
>
> I really appreciate for your feedback! I'm not much familiar with GRASS
> GIS as I had only developed standalone codes in Python using directly
> libraries like GDAL and RIOS <http://rioshome.org> and used QGIS for
> layers visualization. But, as I observed here
> <http://grass.osgeo.org/programming6/pythonlib.html> and here
> <https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_and_Python>, Python scripts can
> easily be integrated within GRASS GIS and I could seamlessly adapt my
> programming skills to work with that. That way, I could compromise myself
> in integrating my already done codes (and new ones) into GRASS GIS
> software/libraries.

That's really good for you to familiarize with writing code in GRASS, as
that would give your idea more chances.

> Also, if allowed, I could edit the Ideas' wiki page to contemplate my own
> idea,

No, that is not necessary

> so that it could be visible to a broader audience. If I get a mentor in
> time, I will make a detailed proposal for the mentors/community be able to
> understand better the idea.

Actually it works the other way around, you're supposed to write and submit
your proposal at this stage, so that potential mentors can comment on it
and give you feedback, and decide whether it's feasible and if they want to
mentor it. Please, follow the guidelines I linked to you to submit a
proposal, and share it publicly also in GRASS mailing list for developers
to comment.

Good luck!

--
Margherita Di Leo