[GRASS-dev] Python3 GSoC plan for next week

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Sat May 26 19:12:33 PDT 2018

Hi Sanjeet,

I was looking what you have there for next week and realized we need
to change the order - I forgot that temporal lib depends partially on
ctypes and pygrass, so in order to not get stuck on this now, I
suggest to focus next week on porting scripts and other small
libraries (June 11 - June 17), which makes more sense given this
week's work on python scripting library. Use the following week for
resolving any issues and doing some research on ctypesgen and pygrass.
Please adjust the timeline on your wiki appropriately (order should be
ctypes, pygrass, temporal).

Related to that Pietro did some initial work on an alternative to ctypes:
https://github.com/zarch/python-cffi-grass
but I have no idea how difficult it would be to finish this and
replace ctypes, I guess quite a bit of work, so I would focus on
ctypes.

Anna