[GRASS-dev] Problem starting GRASS GUI - ntpath splitdrive

Pedro Venâncio pedrongvenancio at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 09:34:25 PST 2018

Hi all,

It seems a local problem here, because I've tested in another machine and
everything works ok.

The strange thing is that both systems are similar, and it works in one,
and not in another.

Now I only get this message:

C:\>grass74
Cleaning up temporary files...
Starting GRASS GIS...
ERROR: Invalid return code from GUI startup script.
Please advise GRASS developers of this error.
Exiting...
Press any key to continue . . .

Running GRASS from the command line, works perfectly:

C:\>grass74 -text
Cleaning up temporary files...
Starting GRASS GIS...
ATENÇÃO: Concurrent mapset locking is not supported on Windows

          __________  ___   __________    _______________
         / ____/ __ \/   | / ___/ ___/   / ____/  _/ ___/
        / / __/ /_/ / /| | \__ \\_  \   / / __ / / \__ \
       / /_/ / _, _/ ___ |___/ /__/ /  / /_/ // / ___/ /
       \____/_/ |_/_/  |_/____/____/   \____/___//____/

Welcome to GRASS GIS 7.4.2
GRASS GIS homepage:                      http://grass.osgeo.org
This version running through:            Command Shell
(C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe)
Help is available with the command:      g.manual -i
See the licence terms with:              g.version -c
See citation options with:               g.version -x
Start the GUI with:                      g.gui wxpython
When ready to quit enter:                exit

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.345]
(c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. Todos os direitos reservados.

C:\>

And also from QGIS (Processing and GRASS Plugin).

Any clue about what the problem could be?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Pedro

Pedro Venâncio <pedrongvenancio  gmail.com> escreveu no dia segunda,
5/11/2018 à(s) 17:28: