[GRASS-dev] Fw: [LEEClab/LS_METRICS] Testing LSMetrics on Mac OS

Garth Fletcher garth at jacqcad.com
Wed Nov 14 20:01:51 PST 2018

On 11/14/18 1:12 PM, grass-user-request at lists.osgeo.org wrote:
 >   [GRASS-user] Fw: [LEEClab/LS_METRICS] Testing LSMetrics on
 >     Mac OS    (#4)
 > My colleague Tatiana have been trying to install and use GRASS GIS
7.2 (and 7.4) on Mac OS El Capitán

I assume you have the .dmg open and can see the GRASS-7.2.2.app file.

Hold down the Control key, click and hold with mouse on the app and you
should see a pop-up menu with  Open  at the top, select this

It will then take considerable time for "Verifying Grass...", but be
patient (it is a large file). Eventually it will provide a dialog saying
"“GRASS-7.2.2.app” can’t be opened because the identity of the developer
cannot be confirmed." but will offer an Open button.  Click on Open and
Grass will start up.

This the way to run any app which has not been "signed" by a recognized
developer.

Cordially,
--
Garth Fletcher