[GRASS-dev] [release planning] GRASS GIS 7.4.3

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 19:02:57 PST 2018

On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 5:27 AM Pedro Venâncio <pedrongvenancio at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> When do you think the new r.mapcalculator can be introduced in GRASS core?
>
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3431
>
> It would be great to be introduced in one of the 7.4.x release cicle, to
> be used with QGIS 2.18.x.

Before we release this in a (any) stable version, I would like to get some
feedback regarding the name. Note that both r.mapcalc and r.mapcalculator
would be available when using GRASS GIS directly.

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3431#comment:6
"Since the simple solution is keeping the functionality in a separate
module, I suggest to rethink the name of the module. r.mapcalc versus
r.mapcalculator might be little confusing."

Suggestions? (if possible in the ticket or a separate thread)

Best,
Vaclav