[GRASS-dev] OSGeo4W-winGRASS 7.7 with new gdal, geos, proj4

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Thu Oct 18 11:40:25 PDT 2018

Markus Neteler wrote
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 1:59 PM Martin Landa <

> landa.martin@

> > wrote:
>> čt 18. 10. 2018 v 13:42 odesílatel Martin Landa <

> landa.martin@

> > napsal:
>> > About PROJ4/5. My suggestion:
>>
>> New GDAL package is built against PROJ5. Result also PROJ has been
>> switch to PROJ 5. There is backward compatibility package proj4dll
>> which should be used by G74.
>
> Is this QGIS issue related to it?
>
> https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/299313/grass-gis-plugin-not-loading-in-qgis-3
>
> Markus

Yes, it looks like there is a dll mismatch.

in mid and long term it will be harder to maintain old releases in an
osgeo4w environment which ist switching to newer library versions.

a good reason to release sooner than later a python3 ready grass and we drop
the older versions depending on old dependencies.

-----
best regards
Helmut
--