[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-user] d.rast in python script

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Wed Oct 24 06:14:55 PDT 2018

* Frank David <frank.david at geophom.fr> [2018-10-24 12:04:43 +0200]:

>Le 24/10/2018 à 11:58, Nikos Alexandris a écrit :
>>* Frank David <frank.david at geophom.fr> [2018-10-24 11:35:07 +0200]:
>>
>>>Stephan,
>>>
>>>The G_OPT_OUTPUT option generate well the check box "add tree
>>>layer" in my script GUI.
>>>
>>>My problem, now is how to add the raster output while I want to
>>>set his name by the script ? I succeed with g.copy my_raster_name
>>>to output_raster_name. The copy is well displayed but this creates
>>>a copy what is not very convenient...
>>
>>g.rename
>>
>>?
>
>Nikos,
>
>g.rename works too. But it's not more convenient because I need to
>keep my raster in his original name.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Frank

Frank,

apologies, but I think I missed the point of what you need to do. Is the
"copy" not convenient because of "wasting" space?  If yes, here another
suggestion then:

https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/LANDSAT#Hint:_Minimal_disk_space_copies

In Python, something like:

r.reclass(
        input=input_raster,
        output=output_raster,
        rules='-',
        stdin='*=*',
        verbose=False,
        quiet=True)

Nikos

--
Nikos Alexandris | Remote Sensing & Geomatics
GPG Key Fingerprint 6F9D4506F3CA28380974D31A9053534B693C4FB3