[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-user] Error on opening workspace

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 10:24:37 PDT 2018

[Removing grass-user as this is more grass-dev or bug tracking thing.]

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 12:27 PM Frank David <frank.david at geophom.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Grass 7.4 (and 7.5) failed to open a workspace (with many layers and
> folders). The waiting box stay open and the workspace is not fully loaded.
> If I try to save the current workspace, I got the following message :
>
> "Échec d'écriture des paramètres de l'espace de travail courant.

Hi, back translating using a po file, it says

"Writing current settings to workspace file failed."

So it looks like saving, not loading workspace. Based on the None for cmd
below and something I noticed in the past, I would say it is saving with a
layer dialog open, but OK or Apply was not pressed. Can you please test it
if that's it and open a ticket with steps to reproduce it?

Best,
Vaclav