[GRASS-dev] Addons manuals: logo and CSS file missing

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Apr 25 02:36:19 PDT 2019

On 25/04/19 07:56, Markus Metz wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 7:42 AM Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com
> <mailto:landa.martin at gmail.com>> wrote:
>  >
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > st 24. 4. 2019 v 16:28 odesílatel Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org
> <mailto:neteler at osgeo.org>> napsal:
>  > > Could you please verify?
>  >
>  > yes, the reason is that G76 is not compiled on server due to a new
>  > required dependency:
>  >
>  > configure: error: *** Unable to locate zstd includes.
>
> zstd is not a required dependency, you can disable it with --with-zstd=no

This is the issue I raised with #3815. I don't think it is a good idea
to use something as default if it is not a required dependency. As I
described this can lead to the issue that without the user knowing it
(e.g. using GRASS GIS that was compiled by someone (package manager,
etc) with --with-zstd=yes) she creates raster maps that are compressed
with zstd. If these maps are then moved to a machine that doesn't have
zstd, the data is unusable.

That is why I proposed to make it a requirement. The other alternative,
IMHO, would be to make ZLIB the default compression again and leave the
use of ZSTD to power users.

Moritz