[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #3815: compression: libzstd should be a default config and a requirement if ZSTD is default compression method

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Sun Apr 28 08:43:40 PDT 2019

#3815: compression: libzstd should be a default config and a requirement if ZSTD
is default compression method
--------------------------+-----------------------------------
  Reporter:  mlennert     |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
      Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Component:  Raster       |    Version:  svn-trunk
Resolution:               |   Keywords:  compression zstd zlib
       CPU:  Unspecified  |   Platform:  Unspecified
--------------------------+-----------------------------------

Comment (by neteler):

 Replying to [comment:13 mmetz]:
 > Replying to [comment:12 neteler]:
 > > Please note that this change in 7.6 contradicts our release
 announcement:

 > > https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Release/7.6.0-News#Librarychanges
 > >
 > > "libraster: ZSTD is now the default compression if available"
 > >

 > The release announcement for 7.6.2 should then include something like
 >
 > The default compression has been changed back to ZLIB, even if ZSTD
 compression is available, because not all currently supported systems
 provide ZSTD with standard package management tools, and because problems
 were encountered regarding compatibility with different ZSTD 1.3.x
 versions.

 Added in new draft: https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Release/7.6.2-News

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3815#comment:14>