[GRASS-dev] g.extension: still fetching from SVN?

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Aug 5 13:38:40 PDT 2019

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 10:26 PM Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> po 5. 8. 2019 v 22:22 odesílatel Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> napsal:
> > https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/milestone/7.6.2
> > -> 5th Aug 2019 was planned :-)
>
> yes, there is one blocker issue which should be solved before any
> release. How to deal with svn keyword propagation in the code ($DATE$,
> $REVISION$, ...). There is no straightforward replacement for git to
> my knowledge. Any suggestion very welcome!

The closest suggestion (for $Date$) I found was this
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/62264/dealing-with-svn-keyword-expansion-with-git-svn#72874

but overall it is everywhere discouraged as svn != git.

The only tag I really like is the date, at the bottom of the manual
pages. Would be great to keep the last-edited timestamps.

Markus