[GRASS-dev] communication of community sprint decisions

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 23:52:28 PST 2019

Hi Vero,

On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 9:44 AM Veronica Andreo <veroandreo at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I've been reading the discussion page at:
> https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Talk:GRASS_GIS_Community_Sprint_Prague_2019
> and I see that we should open new bug reports or feature requests directly
> in GitHub. When does this decision start to take effect?
>
> I think it is important to communicate this broadly to the user community
> through grass-user list

Yes. I wrote it there and what I meant by putting this into "Decisions
made" section is that we made that decision, but it won't happen until the
steps are done, i.e. until we allow opening issues on GitHub, disallow
opening new issues on Trac, and announce this on mailing lists.

I don't mean any legal talk, just the same as with the startup. We made the
decision, even a concrete plan, but until we actually do that, there is no
new startup.

I guess I should have included what are the actions to follow, especially
since in the past, we did not report that much on "decisions with no
actions now, but actions to follow."

Best,
Vaclav