[GRASS-dev] Error in GRASS GUI startup

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Wed Dec 25 10:44:22 PST 2019

Kiersten wrote
> Hello everyone,
>
> Thank you so much for your speedy response!
>
> I'm using Windows 10, 64-bit. I used the stand-alone installer for GRASS
> 7.8, because I was having trouble with the OSGeo4W package. I got 7.8
> because it was the newest stable version. I downloaded 7.8.2, again since
> it was the newest version.
>
> I'll try deleting the grass directory. In the meantime, if there is any
> other advice to be offered, please send it my way! I really appreciate all
> this.

tested here with

###########################
System Info
GRASS version: 7.8.2
Code revision: 3900fb114
Build date: 2019-12-11
Build platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32
GDAL: 3.0.2
PROJ: 6.2.1
GEOS: 3.8.0
SQLite: 3.29.0
Python: 3.7.0
wxPython: 4.0.7
Platform: Windows-10-10.0.18362-SP0 (OSGeo4W)
###########################
System Info
GRASS version: 7.9.dev
Code revision: 0a4d715a7
Build date: 2019-12-24
Build platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32
GDAL: 3.0.2
PROJ: 6.2.1
GEOS: 3.8.0
SQLite: 3.29.0
Python: 3.7.0
wxPython: 4.0.7
Platform: Windows-10-10.0.18362-SP0 (OSGeo4W)

and also with the winGRASS 7.8.2 standalone.

I can't reproduce any startup issue.

what is your exact error message?

-----
best regards