[GRASS-dev] No 'count' method for r.statistics

Stefan Blumentrath Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Mon Feb 11 12:33:27 PST 2019

Hi again,

Vero had a feature request in a similar direction for v.rast.stats (count / mode statistics) for categorical raster maps (e.g. land cover).

Should such a feature be added to v.rast.stats or would it make more sense to create a new module for that for not overloading v.rast stats.
I would have some code snippet in v.rast.bufferstats (https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/grass7/vector/v.rast.bufferstats/v.rast.bufferstats.py#L506) that I could re-purpose...

What do you think?

Cheers
Stefan