[GRASS-dev] r.estimap.recreation add-on licensed by the European Commission

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Thu Jan 10 02:18:49 PST 2019

Dear Paulo,

thank you for your interest.   The documentation (still) deserves some
love and I will update it as soon as I can.

I tried to design the module after the algorithm but still give it
a lot of flexibility. Such that one can, exactly, use
other sources of input maps (i.e. a land use map other than the
"default" CORINE).

I am working to ensure the add-on will work under Windows (it does for
me and expectedly it will work in general) as well as to enable easy
access to it via QGIS.

I wish you and all Love and Beautiful Moments in 2019.

Nikos

* Paulo van Breugel <p.vanbreugel at gmail.com> [2018-12-31 12:27:39 +0100]:

>Daar Nikos,
>
>This looks like a very interesting addon, thanks. The documentation on
>gitlab provides a clear example too, great. I'll give it a try in the
>coming days.
>
>I am curious how easy it will be to use this to make potential maps
>for other types of land use. Reading the article on ESTIMAP might give
>me a better idea ;-).
>
>Cheers and, as we are near the end of 2018… a Happy New year
>
>Paulo
>
>On December 31, 2018 11:08:55 AM Nikos Alexandris
><nik at nikosalexandris.net> wrote:
>
>>Dear community,
>>
>>I am contented to announce the decision by the European Commission [0]
>>to release the GRASS GIS add-on `r.estimap.recreation` [1] as Open Source
>>Software under the European Union Public Licence (EUPL).
>>
>>[0] https://gitlab.com/natcapes/r.estimap.recreation/blob/master/C_2018_8970_F1_COMMISSION_DECISION_EN_V3_P1_1006093.PDF
>>[1] https://gitlab.com/natcapes/r.estimap.recreation
>>

>>In addition, the add-on shall be distributed under the GNU General Public
>>License (v2 or later) if that becomes a requirement for its distribution
>>through the official GRASS GIS Add-ons repository [2].
>>
>>[2] https://grass.osgeo.org/download/addons/
>>

>>I cordially thank Pedro Malaquias (Legal Officer, Central IP Service of the
>>European Commission, Joint Research Centre) for his support and deep
>>knowledge on the licensing issues to make this happen.
>>

>>See also past related thread:
>>
>>https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2018-October/090338.html
>>

>>For now, you can install under Linux the module using `g.extension`'s
>>`url` option [*]
>>
>>[*] https://grass.osgeo.org/grass74/manuals/g.extension.html,
>>https://grass.osgeo.org/grass74/manuals/g.extension.html#installing-from-various-online-repositories:-github,-gitlab,-bitbucket
>>

>>Soon to follow:
>>
>>- some code clean-up and completion of tests
>>- update of documentation and (a separate) tutorial
>>- properly expose the module to QGIS
>>- publishing the code in https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons
>>- ensure functionality under Windows
>>

>>Thankful for any kind of tests and constructive feedback.
>>
>>Nikos
>>
>>---
>>Remote Sensing & Geomatics
>>GPG Key Fingerprint 6F9D4506F3CA28380974D31A9053534B693C4FB3

Nikos Alexandris | Remote Sensing & Geomatics
GPG Key Fingerprint 6F9D4506F3CA28380974D31A9053534B693C4FB3