[GRASS-dev] Migration to git, use addons as test case?

Stefan Blumentrath Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Fri Jan 25 00:09:19 PST 2019

Hi Vashek,

Thanks for the valuable info. Agree, that we should start collecting thoughts and options on a wiki page as preparation of a decision. I can setup a draft tonight (central European time), where I try to extract info from ML-archive.

Such a wiki page could contain the following things:

Relevant aspects to consider independent from platform chosen:

  *   General structure with regards to code that need hosting (or not): trunk, addonds sandbox, website, …
  *   Tickets and history
  *   …

A collection of examples and experiences (from other projects (GDAL, QGIS, …) and links to ongoing discussions (osgeo-discuss).

Links to latest development / solutions for GRASS code base.

Evaluation of alternative hosting platforms (pros and cons). Maybe also a “popular vote” by users for consideration by PSC?

Kind regards,
Stefan