[GRASS-dev] difference between r.drain and r.path

Huidae Cho grass4u at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 21:32:37 PST 2019

Hello,

I had the same question before. These two modules are almost the same.
Actually, r.drain is a wrapper for r.path and creates input directions
internally, then just runs r.path. Not sure if it's worth keeping it just
for that extra step.

Best,
Huidae

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 3:29 AM Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In GRASS 7.6 we have both r.drain and r.path. What is the difference
> between the two ? Should r.drain be declared as deprecated and replaced
> by r.path ?
>
> Moritz

Huidae Cho, Ph.D., GISP, PE (MD), CFM, M.ASCE
Open Source GIS Developer, GRASS GIS Development Team