[GRASS-dev] wingrass builds status (git recover)

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Mon Jul 15 12:58:06 PDT 2019

Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote
> Martin Landa wrote
>> Hi,
>>
>> ne 7. 7. 2019 v 21:53 odesílatel Helmut Kudrnovsky <
>
>> hellik@
>
>> > napsal:
>>> following issue when downloading OSGeo4W
>>> grass-daily-7.7.dev-f79c3568d-1:
>>>
>>> ° g.mkfontcap.exe - system error because libgraphite2.dll and
>>> libpcre-1.dll
>>> can't be found
>>> ° "inflateValidate" in the dll
>>> C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass77\bin\libpng16-16.dll can't be found
>>
>> hm, something related to a new build environment. No idea at this moment.
>>
>>> regarding the last issue item, in C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass77\bin\
>>> there
>>> shouldn't be any foreign dll, right?
>>
>> These libraries are copied from msys2 build environment [1]. They are
>> needed since GRASS is built against them. Btw, they are not copied to
>> C:\OSGeo4W64\bin to avoid any potential conflict with other osgeo4w
>> packages (GRASS is the only one osgeo4w package built in msys2
>> environment I guess).
>>
>> Ma
>>
>> [1]
>> https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/blob/master/mswindows/osgeo4w/package.sh#L260
>
> ok
>
> there is libharfbuzz-0.dll in the list; see
>
> https://github.com/msys2/MINGW-packages/issues/1322
>
> /A new version of harfbuzz is requires -lgraphite2 but graphite2 mingw
> package dont have libgraphite2.a./
>
> so it seems it's a dependency problem with the new dependencies.

yes it is a dependency problem with the new dependencies. :-)

looking deeper

wingrass at DESKTOP-VADT8Q4 MSYS ~
$ pacman -Ss graphite
mingw32/mingw-w64-i686-graphite2 1.3.13-1
    Font rendering capabilities for complex non-Roman writing systems
    (mingw-w64)
mingw64/mingw-w64-x86_64-graphite2 1.3.13-1 [installed]
    Font rendering capabilities for complex non-Roman writing systems
    (mingw-w64)

C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libgraphite2.dll

wingrass at DESKTOP-VADT8Q4 MSYS ~
$ pacman -Ss pcre
mingw32/mingw-w64-i686-pcre 8.43-1
    A library that implements Perl 5-style regular expressions (mingw-w64)
mingw32/mingw-w64-i686-pcre2 10.33-1
    A library that implements Perl 5-style regular expressions (mingw-w64)
mingw32/mingw-w64-i686-re2 20190701-1
    A fast, safe, thread-friendly alternative to backtracking regular
expression engines like those used in PCRE, Perl, and Python (mingw-w64)
mingw64/mingw-w64-x86_64-pcre 8.43-1 [installed]
    A library that implements Perl 5-style regular expressions (mingw-w64)
mingw64/mingw-w64-x86_64-pcre2 10.33-1
    A library that implements Perl 5-style regular expressions (mingw-w64)
mingw64/mingw-w64-x86_64-re2 20190701-1
    A fast, safe, thread-friendly alternative to backtracking regular
expression engines like those used in PCRE, Perl, and Python (mingw-w64)
msys/libpcre 8.43-2 (libraries) [installed]
    A library that implements Perl 5-style regular expressions
msys/libpcre16 8.43-2 (libraries) [installed]
    A library that implements Perl 5-style regular expressions
msys/libpcre2_16 10.33-2 (libraries)
    A library that implements Perl 5-style regular expressions
msys/libpcre2_32 10.33-2 (libraries)
    A library that implements Perl 5-style regular expressions
msys/libpcre2_8 10.33-2 (libraries) [installed]
    A library that implements Perl 5-style regular expressions
msys/libpcre2posix 10.33-2 (libraries)
    A library that implements Perl 5-style regular expressions
msys/libpcre32 8.43-2 (libraries) [installed]
    A library that implements Perl 5-style regular expressions
msys/libpcrecpp 8.43-2 (libraries) [installed]
    A library that implements Perl 5-style regular expressions
msys/libpcreposix 8.43-2 (libraries) [installed]
    A library that implements Perl 5-style regular expressions
msys/pcre 8.43-2 [installed]
    A library that implements Perl 5-style regular expressions
msys/pcre-devel 8.43-2 (development)
    PCRE headers and libraries
msys/pcre2 10.33-2
    A library that implements Perl 5-style regular expressions
msys/pcre2-devel 10.33-2 (development)
    PCRE headers and libraries

C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libpcre-1.dll

both missing dlls are in my msys2 build environment;

copying these into C:\OSGeo4W64\apps\grass\grass77\bin solves the problem.

will open a ticket and hopefully my first PR :-)

-----
best regards
Helmut
--