[GRASS-dev] instructions to update my local copy of trunk

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Jun 3 14:42:47 PDT 2019

Hi,

(... I am continuing to talk about grass.osgeo.org here)

On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 8:49 AM Markus Metz
<markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 11:12 PM Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> > What I am searching for is that the disk copy is the same as on the
> > server.
>
> Which version on the server? The orginal GRASS repo (https://github.com/OSGeo/grass.git) or a fork?

I have now cloned separately for `master` and `releasebranch_7_6` /
`releasebranch_7_4` since they are also used to compile the code for
online manual creation etc.

I am getting closer...

The version I (have to) use there as it is an ancient Debian box:

neteler at osgeo6:~/cronjobs$ git --version
git version 2.1.4

It seems that it works with

git fetch --all --prune       || halt_on_error "git fetch error!"
git pull

> If the aim is to have an unmodified local copy that is in sync with the original GRASS repo, you don't need any other remote and it should be enough to pull.

ok, so the "git fetch" step above is not needed (in this case of only
cloning without local changes as it is the server!)
?

thanks,
markusN