[GRASS-dev] Translations and command description/options

Panagiotis Mavrogiorgos pmav99 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 17:39:01 PDT 2019

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 10:05 PM Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 6:49 PM Panagiotis Mavrogiorgos
> <pmav99 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Not sure if there is any relation but just in case it proves useful:
> >
> > I configure grass with:
> >
> > ./configure \
> >     --with-nls \
> >

> > At the end of the configuration step I get the following output:
> >
> >   NetCDF support:             no
> >   NLS support:                yes
> >   ODBC support:               no
>
> Can you please double check what's in config.log related to NLS?

Thank you Markus,

There is only a single line mentioning NLS:

*configure:12419: checking whether to use NLS*

I also attach the log file, in case it helps in debugging this.

> Funny idea:
>   which grass77
>
> Please check for conflicting installations, or files not belonging to
> the user used to compile GRASS GIS (anecdote: in the past I got
> trapped because I commonly do not run "make install" but run it from
> bin.x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/grass77 and then I one day used "make install"
> and immediately forgot the day after that it was executed from
> /usr/local/...).

I don't have GRASS installed. I always run it from bin.x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
too.

What I do find most frustrating is that translations do work for the
"text-based splash screen" (which is printed by `lib/init/grass.py`) and
the GUI but not for the scripts directory:
https://asciinema.org/a/233110

with kind regards,
Panos