[GRASS-dev] svn/trac -> git/github migration plan

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Mon May 6 02:41:34 PDT 2019

Dear all,

based on decision made by PSC [1], the GRASS GIS source code will be
moved from SVN hosted by OSGeo to Git hosted by GitHub.com. More
details at [2].

It's also planned to move open issues from trac to GitHub issue
system. In this regard I would like to ask you for ASSISTANCE. All
tickets with milestone 7.0 [3], 7.2 [4] should be reviewed and either
to be closed or milestone changed to 7.4 (or 7.6/7.8/8.0). Only
tickets with milestone 7.4+ will be migrated. We are assuming that 7.0
and 7.2 reached EOL. Our goal: to have open tickets only with
milestone 7.4.5+.

When this part will be done the migration can start, see draft [5].

Thanks for you help, feedback in advance! Ma

[1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-psc/2019-April/002034.html
[2] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GitMigration#ImplementationofmigrationfromOSGeoSVNandtractoGitHub
[3] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&group=status&milestone=7.0.7
[4] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&group=status&milestone=7.2.4