[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #3842: PyGRASS: grass.pygrass.modules.Module("r.watershed").flags() raises UnicodeEncodeError

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Fri May 10 02:10:24 PDT 2019

#3842: PyGRASS: grass.pygrass.modules.Module("r.watershed").flags() raises
UnicodeEncodeError
-----------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  itati01    |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect     |     Status:  new
 Platform:  MSWindows  |
-----------------------+-------------------------
 Hello,

 These lines result in an UnicodeEncodeError on my Windows machine (W10
 64bit, German language). I am using Grass 7.6.0 which comes with Python
 2.7.14.

 {{{
 #!div style="font-size: 80%"
   {{{#!python
   import grass.pygrass.modules as gmod
   wat = gmod.Module("r.watershed")
   wat.flags()
   }}}
 }}}

 The docstring contains a mix of German and English descriptions, including
 German umlauts. The same happens in GRASS 7.2.2.

 Best
 Andreas

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3842>