[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #3837: OSGeo4W winGRASS77svn - startup error: TypeError: endswith first arg must be bytes or a tuple of bytes, not str

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Sat May 11 07:33:59 PDT 2019

#3837: OSGeo4W winGRASS77svn - startup error: TypeError: endswith first arg must
be bytes or a tuple of bytes, not str
--------------------------+------------------------------------
  Reporter:  hellik       |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
      Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Component:  Python       |    Version:  svn-trunk
Resolution:               |   Keywords:  python3, py3, wingrass
       CPU:  Unspecified  |   Platform:  MSWindows
--------------------------+------------------------------------

Comment (by pmav99):

 I am not sure I understand the last question. If you are asking why the
 same line is being repeated, then, quoting from
 [https://nedbatchelder.com/blog/201812/a_thing_i_learned_about_python_recursion.html
 here]:

 >  In Python 3, all comprehensions (and in Python 2 all except list
 comprehensions) are actually compiled as nested functions. Executing the
 generator comprehension calls that hidden nested function, using up an
 extra stack frame.

 Generator functions are treated the same way. You can easily check this
 like this:

 {{{
 $ python -c 'list(1 / i for i in (1, 2, 3, 0, 4, 5))'
 Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
   File "<string>", line 1, in <genexpr>
 ZeroDivisionError: division by zero