[GRASS-dev] svn/trac -> git/github migration plan

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon May 13 05:11:24 PDT 2019

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 1:31 PM Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> po 13. 5. 2019 v 13:21 odesílatel Moritz Lennert
> <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> napsal:
> > I think we just need to get the ball rolling. There will certainly be
> > some transition pain, but if we try to prepare everything to perfection
> > it will never happen ;-)
>
> right, currently I am working on source code migration. Unfortunately
> there is a new issue which is quite pain. My last attempt to create
> git repo from fresh svn [1] copy (tarball) fails with
>
> r74442 = a3741bbbdfc31118ea9ab9d98a6bd15a39b6fa83 (refs/remotes/origin/trunk)
> Error from SVN, (160006): Invalid filesystem revision number: No such
> revision 74542

In fact, not there:

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/74542
Error: Invalid Changeset Number
NoSuchChangeset: No changeset 74542 in the repository

... but that number is nonsense, as it was not reached yet.

--> r74478 this changeset is the highest number at time:
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/74478

[mneteler at oboe grass77 ]$ svn up
Updating '.':
At revision 74478.
[mneteler at oboe grass77 ]$ date -u
Mon 13 May 2019 12:09:58 PM UTC

Maybe easy to solve? Or am I overlooking anything?

Markus