[GRASS-dev] GRASS GIS on an Alpine Linux docker

Pietro peter.zamb at gmail.com
Wed May 15 06:18:08 PDT 2019

Dear all,

Recently I've started looking for a docker image with GRASS, I'm looking
for a minimal image that is as small as possible.
>From my test the other images available where always above 1GB of size, the
current version once built have a size of ~220 MB.
Another difference respect to others dockers available that I found is that
it is possible to select which version use when building the image:

```
sudo docker build --build-arg GRASS_VERSION=7.7 \
                  --build-arg PYTHON_VERSION=3  \
                  --build-arg PROJ_VERSION=5.2.0 \
                  --build-arg PROJ_DATUMGRID_VERSION=1.8 \
                  --volume \
                  zarch/alpine-grass-gis
```

You can find the repository here:

https://github.com/zarch/docker-alpine-grass-gis

Do you have any feedback?
Any hint to improve the `Dockerfile` or the `README.md` are welcome. :-)

Thank you for the support.
Best regards

Pietro