[GRASS-dev] svn/trac -> git/github migration plan

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Wed May 15 12:40:20 PDT 2019

Hi,

El mié., 15 may. 2019 13:20, Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com> escribió:

> On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 9:14 AM Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> st 15. 5. 2019 v 9:51 odesílatel Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>
>> napsal:
>> > Something strange happen with svn repo after r74441. I will publish
>> > testing repo for public review hopefully today.
>>
>> OK, finally a new fresh grass repo preview available for review (last
>> processed commit 74475).
>>
>> Please compare git content [1], branches [2] and tags [3] with svn.
>> Please review logs reporting changed message [4] and unchanged
>> messages [5].
>

> I was also looking at the list of contributors [6]. I know this was
> discussed, but now I'm not really sure what to expect there.
>
> [6] https://github.com/grass-svn2git/grass/graphs/contributors
>

>> If no problems appears this will be the last
>> preview before REAL migration.
>>

> When comparing the content of the repositories, I see the difference in
> $Date$ which of course has the whole system related to it. What we are
> doing with that?
>
> Another thing is the need for new contributing guidelines. Git is not
> Subversion and committing to master won't work (please, let me know if you
> want me to show some examples).

I am very interested in such examples, esp. how the workflow will be from
now on for example when making a small change in manuals.

I think it is very important that those of you more familiar with git and
GitHub develop or show example workflows of how to contribute, backport (if
that will be still called like that), and so on.

my 0.01 cent
Vero

What other OSGeo projects are doing is that contributing guidelines say